Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The 8 Prayer Watches: The 1st Watch

At the beginning of the year I wrote a post called The Revelations of Matthew 14: 22-33: The 8 Prayer Watches, that mentioned the 8 prayer watches. Since this month is about defeating the enemy, this will aid you into knowing what to pray for when you are being attacked. For the next 8 weeks I will briefly touch on each prayer watch. This will give you some guidance to grow and be impact full in your prayer life

1st Watch: 6pm -9pm The First Watch of the Night (The Evening Watch):

  • During these hours, we regroup from the days activities like work, school and etc. This is the time to be still in front of the Lord, away from the world. In Psalms 46:10 it reads "Be still, and know that I am God;...."

  • Mediate and release your anxieties to the Lord in prayer. Issac went out to the field in the evening to mediate. (Gen 24:63 "And Isaac went out to meditate in the field in the evening; ...")
  • This is the time to focus, The Lord uses the evening to purge your fears and anxieties that would keep you from advancing in His perfect plan.

  • This is also the time to pray and silence all the voices (curses) of the enemies on your life, family, church, city and nation. Read Psalms 59 During this time the enemy returns to steal your blessings and take hold of the gates of the day. Psalms 59:6 reads, " At evening they return, They growl like a dog, And go all around the city."

  • Isaiah 17:12-14 tells us we have the evening tide and it is time to pray that the Lord pass judgement on the wicked and those you would harm our family, community, church and nation.

  • Pray for the re newel of the Covenant with God. This is the time when Jesus broke bread between God and Israel (us). Appropriate the provisions in the Blood Covenant and that every covenant you have with God is renewed at this time.

I pray that this was helpful and gives you more insight of what to pray for at this time. To learn more about the 1st watch visit the website The National Prayer Watch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in the prayer ministry at my church. I love the teachings of "The 8 Prayer Watches." I love your blog that expands it even more. I was reading your blog on the 1st watch. Is there a blog where you have put all your insight on all the watches in one place. I use this to help me study and be more strategic when I pray.

Jantoinette said...

Hello,

I am so blessed that this post has been an encouragement to you. I have not completed my insight but will be doing so in the near future. Your comment has served as motivation and confirmation on what the Holy Spirit has been speaking to my heart about the prayer watches. Thank you again and we will be posting in the near future!

God bless!

Unknown said...

Woow! I have been looking for this.
May the Grace of God be upon you to Complete on all the Prayer watches.

Jennifer KINYANJUI said...

Amen.
I keep checking with the writer for the complete series

MaxxiTee said...

As children of God we are told to watch and prayer. Daniel did it openly 3 times a day. I switch up my prayer times base on what is going on in my life, church, job etc. let God be true and every man a liar... keep up the good work because iron sharpens iron and we need to build each other up in the Lord.

Unknown said...

I Love it o.m.g. I want to be strong in my prayer life in JESUS NAME THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.