Thursday, May 14, 2009

Who Will Pray for Me?


I don’t know about you but often times I have a problem praying for myself. I used to think that praying for myself was somehow selfish. While I shied away from praying for myself, I often wondered well if I don’t pray for myself who will. I learned that it’s okay to pray for myself and that it is very important to trust God for your needs. It is also good to remember that you should pray for others. It shouldn’t just be all about you, it needs to be about the body of Christ, your unsaved family and friends and your leaders. Prayer is a time to talk to God about everything that is going on in your life and the life of those around you.

Now to answer the question, who will pray for me? Well that’s easy; Jesus will pray for you. Luke 22:31 “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” This is one of the most beautiful promises from Jesus. He is praying for us. I don’t know about you but I am surely happy that Jesus intercedes on my behalf. Who better to pray for you! Praise God that He is always mindful of us! He cares so much! When you are going about your Father’s business, he has your back. Praying for you and loving you till the end.

So don’t be afraid to pray for yourself; but always remember to pray for others and that Jesus is praying for His sheep. Also know that if we are praying for others surely others are praying for us. It is a beautiful prayer circle! Praise God for His goodness and love! Praise Him for praying for us! Praise Him through it all!

No comments: