Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Reader's Testimony

This month we asked to hear from you. We wanted to know how the Lord has blessed you and kept you. The following is a testimony from one of our readers.

I am blessed,

For the past 22 years I have been in the USA as a semi-legal immigrant. I was born in Liberia and came to the US at the age of 3. I had a normal American childhood, very unaware of my fragile status in the US. This all changed when I was graduating high school and found that I was unable to receive financial aid because I was not born here and do not have a permanent status in the United States. Beyond this limitation the Lord removed barriers, sent angels which allowed me to graduate within 4 years with a minimal amount of college debt. AMEN!

Since then, I've always had employment, even though my employers were not sure if I would be legally allowed to work after the annual expiration of my status. My friends would discuss traveling abroad and I would sit silent knowing that I could not leave the country. This year everything came to a head when my differed enforced departure was expiring within 10 days and we had not heard anything regarding an extension, which meant I would need to leave the country. My company was discussing transitioning my duties and figuring out if they can rehire me in another country. Mind you, I had not left the country since I was 3! Anyways, through my doubts and fears the Lord allowed an extension to be granted for Liberians! I had another year to figure it out. After the last minute alarms, my job decided to sponsor my employment and I found out the application is approved for 3 YEARS!!! I am THANKING GOD for coming through as he always does! I can now leave the country, I have a status, and some time so that the other pending applications for permanent residency can come off the very long waiting lists. GOD IS GOOD!

What a awesome testimony! Please continue to e-mail us with your testimonies, exhortations, scriptures and anything else the Lord has laid on your heart to share. Who knows it might be a word that will really touch someone. God Bless!

No comments: