Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Real Face of Jesus? GMA article

Good Morning America did an segment on "The Face of Jesus" which is a program on the History Channel, which I believe is airing this week. Many Christians might think this is crossing the line or that it is not important or it is blasphemy. I personally do not believe that the shroud of Turin is real. It is not mentioned in the Bible therefore I do not consider it to be anything of importance. But we are posting the segment because it will have many people talking about Jesus. Paul wrote in Philippians 1:15-18 that
Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.
At first I took to offense at what these scientists were doing and I told my sister that they were wasting their time. But she said to me what if by doing their research they come to know God. And in that I can rejoice and pray that the millions that watch that program will be lead by God's spirit to Him. What the enemy might have planned to confuse people God will use it in His own will.
Since Easter is a few days away let us pray that many will come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

No comments: