Friday, June 11, 2010

No Prayer Is To Small, Ridiculous or Insignificant

We wanted to encourage you to increase your prayer life. No prayer is to small or insignificant. When you are lead to pray about something, the Holy Spirit can exactly take you in a different direction. The Lord revealed this to me Thursday night. My sister and I were watching the NBA finals game. We were rooting for the Celtics and they were down by two at the half. The series was 2-1 and the opposing team was up.
At half time, I turned to my sister and said let's pray that the Celtics win. She gave me this look, like "Are you serious?" I told her it couldn't hurt. It might seem like a shallow prayer but why not try. So she said okay and I lead us in prayer.
My prayer started with praying that the Lord would bless the team and coaching staff. Than my prayer took a turn. The Lord brought back to my remembrance that Nate Robinson, a Celtics' player, thanked God twice for helping him to play well in a playoff game that they won. So than I started to pray for Nate and other Christians that might be on the team. That they would pray, motivate and encourage their teammates to do the same. Towards the end of the prayer, I prayed that God would get the glory at the end of the game. Regardless who won, that God would be glorified.
Into the second half, the game started to take a turn. Certain players were playing the best game they have ever played! It was amazing! I started calling shots before they happened! God was really answering my prayer. What was so interesting, was that when the game was in favor of the Celtics, they started to get bogus calls from the refs and some players lost their composure. There were two technical fouls called and the two excellent free throw shooters from the opposing team missed both shots! It was like God was not allowing the negativity to block what He was about to do.
Well the Celtics won and the players that made a difference (both who are bench players) for the Celtics were interviewed. Glen Davis and Nate Robinson gave God the glory three times! How amazing was that! God is so good! He answered a simple prayer and got the Glory! Not only that, but by them thanking God it might have planted a seed in someone who was watching the game, a team player, or someone on the coaching staff. After the game we prayed that the seed would grow in whom ever it was planted in.
So sometimes we think that we are praying for one thing and the Holy Spirit steps in and moves you in pray for something else. Be encouraged and open yourself up to the Holy Spirit for He is the one you leads us in prayer and teaches us how to pray. Christ said, "Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it" John 14: 13-14. The clip of Glen Davis and Nate Robinson is below.


No comments: