Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year Equals New Blessings


Now that we are in 2009, we should praise the Lord for the wonderful works He has done for us in ’08. I believe that last year the Lord was revealing His plan to His people. This year I believe He is preparing us for the plan. As for me, the Lord revealed that I could do nothing without Him. In John 5: 19 Jesus said “Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do, for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”
So, I realized my relationship with God is the most important thing. I cannot succeed in any aspect of life without him. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Once you understand that you can receive the blessings He has for you. Thank Him for all that you have and all that you are going to receive this year.
Make declarations and profess signs, wonders, miracles and manifestations of God’s power and love. Be strong and continue to grow in faith. Know that you can only go up from here even if you feel that the end is near. God is a God of renewing and he is always rejuvenates His people.
So I pray that this New Year will allow you to realize that you have a purpose and a gift. If it weren’t true, you would have not survived last year. One verse that our mother told us to read is 1 Chronicles 4:10. She received this word from her pastor who instructed the congregation to replace their names with Jabez’s. So read it out loud like this “ And (your name) called on the God of Israel saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him/her that which he/she requested.”

No comments: