Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Share and Give Thanks


Thanksgiving is tomorrow and this is one of my favorite times of the year. Getting together with family and close friends, eating good food, eating more good food and did I mention eating more good food. Thanksgiving always makes me happy and besides New Years, this is one of the times I really sit down and think about all the blessings that God has given me and my love ones.
I know it is very cliche to say it is the time to give thanks but it is so true. I thank God everyday for the life that He has given me and the love that He showers upon me. He is so good and He does not know how to be anything else nut to be good. God is Good and enjoys blessing his children.

Let them shout for joy and be glad,

Who favor my righteous cause;
And let them say continually,
“Let the LORD be magnified,
Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” Psalm 35:27

Thanksgiving is the best time to see what God is doing in the lives of those you care about. This is the best time to encourage one another and praise the Lord for giving you life. Not just physical but spiritual life that will never die. This is also a opportunity to share with friends and family who are not saved how accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior has impacted your life. Your testimony is a powerful way to evangelize to non-believers.

So when you are around that table getting ready to tear up that turkey, mac &c cheese, baked ham, candy yams and whatever you find delicious, remember who made it all possible for you to enjoy a day like this. Also everyday is a day of thanksgiving.

Psalm 100

A Psalm of Thanksgiving.
1 Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
2 Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
3 Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
5 For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations

Happy Thanksgiving and Many Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: