Monday, November 30, 2009

There is Never a Vacation from God

I have been down in Maryland spending the Thanksgiving festivities with my family and friends. Usually when I get into town, I call my friends and family and make plans to see them and hang out. I always make sure that I have time for everyone, but the one person I tend to leave out of my plans is God. This is not done on purpose, but seems to happen often. I have just been reminded by the Lord that the time I spend with him in my daily routine always gets put on hold when I am out of town or on vacation. Its definitely not that I don’t love the Lord, I do pray regularly and give him praise, but I don’t read His Word as I normally would if I wasn’t on vacation. It seems that I have created a routine with God and when I am not doing my daily routine as I normally do when I am in NY; I tend to take an inadvertent vacation from God.

There is no such thing as a vacation from God. I don’t know where I would be if God took a vacation from me. I don’t know about you but I don’t really want for God to take His eyes off me for a nanosecond! I have been reminded that I need to be the same way. God is always with me, He said it in His word. I need to acknowledge and respect his presence at all times.

I don’t know if you experience this or not, but if you are sometimes like me, I pray that we keep God in focus. I pray that we remember that while we can take a vacation from school, work and the hustle and bustle of our lives, that we never take a vacation from God and His Word. He is our strength, provider, healer, friend, father, councilor and so much more. I pray that we include him in all things.

No comments: