Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's Not About Us

One of the songs I have been listening to constantly is "It's Not About Us" by Bishop Noel Jones. It has always been one of my favorite songs. It speaks the truth that it is not about us but it's about Jesus. Jesus is our focus and everything revolves around Him. He is the reason why we are saved from hell and death.

But what is also important about this statement is that we give up our rights, mind, body, soul, heart and spirit to Jesus. We do not know what is best for us, so Jesus came and showed us the way. We have to die to our flesh daily.(Galatians 5:24) And I am not only talking about sin but our ways, attitudes and desires. For example, if you don't hear your favorite worship song at service and you get upset, well praise and worship is not for you it is for the Lord. We sing songs that are pleasing to Him.

Recently I was working with a freelancer at my job and I really didn't feel like talking to her. She was a little strange and she used too much profanity. I just wanted to get the work done and keep it moving. After work, the Holy Spirit said to me it is not how you feel but it is about Me and saving souls. I felt so bad about being dismissive to the girl. I was wrong to allow my feelings to rule me in that moment. I totally missed an opportunity to witness to this young girl. Unfortunately I didn't think I had a chance to redeem myself because she might not freelance with us again.

But God with His infinite grace granted me a second. The young lady returned and I was able to talk to her. I learned about her life and insecurity issues. I was able to encourage her and provide her godly advice. Had I stayed quiet, I would not have been able to be used by God to reach out to her. I had to put aside my pride, comfort and emotions to make my work day Christ centered. My life has to be Christ centered at all times unless i could miss signs, wonders and miracles. I pray that you make Jesus your focus and the center of your life. It is all about JESUS!

No comments: