Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Freedom is Free For All


As I finished up my devotion time on the train on my way to work, I received an understanding of the word I just read. This came from Psalms 14:7. In this verse the psalmist speaks about how the Lord will set the captives free and the people will rejoice. The truth is, that has already been done. Freedom came when the work on the Cross was finished.
But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”Galatians 3:13 (NLT)

Jesus fulfilled that duty when he died for everyone to receive salvation. This is an amazing gift that cancels everything that you have ever done in your life or that has happened to you. All past hurts, pains, failures, addictions, fears, bad habits and lifestyles are no longer a factor. The Lamb that was slain took care of all of that by sacrificing Himself for us.

But I know for myself, sometimes I forget that this means I am free from everything. Free from man's opinions, insecurities, debts, doubts, curses and worldly influences. I remember that I can not believe the lies of the enemy. Like the scripture says, "He whom the son set free is free indeed." John 8:36. God made it so simple for me & you. All we have to do is know who He says He is and know and believe who He says we are. We serve an Awesome God! Get your freedom and deliverance today! Trust and believe that it already has been done.

But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God’s promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ. Galatians 3:22 (NLT)

No comments: